What we do

Westmoreland Supported Housing Association are Housing providers and we support our clients in maintaining their tenancies. We work closely with several Support Providers throughout the UK.

As specialist Housing providers we accept that our client group require more support in their tenancies than a general needs landlord would be expected to provide.

This support can be;

  • Collecting rents, Keeping records of tenant’s accounts, dealing with rent arrears as required.
  • Liaising with Housing Benefit teams, support providers, social workers and any other providers of services to each household.
  • Handling referrals from outside agencies.
  • Discussing housing and tenancy issues with resident support staff and social workers.
  • Dealing with tenant disputes, supporting staff in dealing with behavioural issues.
  • Helping to support tenants in fulfilling the terms of their tenancy agreements.
  • Helping tenants complete housing benefit forms to ensure rent is paid on time.
  • Supporting tenants with setting up utility services at the start of the tenancy and if required continued support throughout the tenancy in dealing with and settling utility accounts.
  • Organising minor & major repairs to the property.
  • Organising any further redevelopment works to the property.
  • Organising maintenance compliance contracts necessary to the running of a supported living project – gas safety inspections, fire safety, health & safety, PAT testing etc.
  • Book keeping and accounts relating to each property.
  • Keeping properties furnished to a reasonable degree, assessing damage and wear & tear to furniture and fittings and organising replacements as and when necessary.
  • Ensuring that the properties are kept to a reasonable appearance and organising redecoration of the interior and exterior as and when necessary.
  • Ensuring that fire fighting equipment is provided and maintained – organising replacements as and when necessary.
  • Organising adaptations which may be necessary for a particular tenants needs to allow them to stay in their home.
  • Organising the deep cleaning of the properties on a regular basis.
  • Organising gardening services and grounds maintenance to the properties where the tenants are unable to do this themselves.
  • Organising window cleaning services where tenants are unable to do this themselves.
  • Insuring the buildings
  • Helping the tenants obtain insurance for their own belongings thorough the HCA recommended scheme.
  • Assisting with assembling tenants belongings and organising the installation of aerials, tv services and tuning tv’s etc, where appropriate.
  • Administration and record keeping for all of the above on behalf of our tenants.
  • Producing easy read documents for the tenants including and easy read tenancy agreement and complaints procedure.
  • Helping the tenants with the safety of the dwelling by producing as easy read Tenant Handbook for each tenant explaining how to stay safe and secure within the property as well as giving details of local services.
  • The provision of a 24 hour helpline for tenants, carers and families.
  • Attending trainings to keep abreast of new legislation in housing law and supported sector.
  • Dealing with tenant drug- related issues and anti-social behaviour, liaising with the relevant organisations.

Back to top of page


To get in touch enter text here.