REPAIRS AND RENEWALS PROCEDURE & POLICY
At Westmoreland Supported Housing Ltd we are committed to providing a quality service to all out tenants. Below we tell you how to report a fault or request a replacement and the timescales in which we will deal with your request.
We have two ways in which you can request a repair. The preferred method is by email and this can be done in two ways:-
- By e-mailing the following email address - email@example.com
- By phoning 0115 871 7877 – if you leave a message this will be converted to an email message which is monitored on a regular basis throughout the day and evening.
By phone on 0330 333 7321 this number is only available during office hours and the use of email is preferred. Our office hours are:-
Monday to Thursday – 9.00am to 5.00pm
Friday 9.00am to 4.00pm
Closed Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.
CATEGORY 1 - EMERGENCY REPAIR - burst pipes, loss of heating and/or lighting, blocked toilet (if only 1 toilet in the property). These will be dealt with within 24 hours.
CATEGORY 2 - URGENT REPAIRS – We will aim to deal with urgent repairs within 7 days.
CATEGORY 3 – DAY TO DAY NON URGENT REPAIRS – we aim to complete these within 28 days
- When we receive your request for a repair we will prioritise the works depending on the urgency of the work. We will record the request and give you a job number.
- We will contact the appropriate contractor and inform who you can expect to contact you to carry out the work.
- We will give the contractor the details of the job and your contact details so that they can contact you to make arrangements for access.
- We expect that all our contractors will be courteous and will respect our tenants and their support staff. Should you ever find that this Is not the case please report it to our immediately so that appropriate action can be taken. All work should be carried out to a high standard and should be programmed to cause you as little disruption as possible.
- We will contact shortly after the work has been completed to ensure that you are completely satisfied with both the work and the way the repair has been dealt with.
Repairs should include:-
Building repairs – including plumbing and electric
Problems with appliances
Damages to fixtures and fittings
Requests for decoration – internal and external
Requests for provision/replacement of furnishings
Requests for ground maintenance and window cleaning – if applicable and to be arranged locally.